Project Description

Hillsborough Reformed Church

Date of Construction: 1828
Historic Designation: Contributing Structure in Millstone Historic District on the National Register of Historic Places
Funding: Sandy Disaster Relief Grant
Size: 8,000 S.F.

Client:

Hillsborough Reformed Church

History

The church was founded in 1766, and in 1775 a charter was issued by King George III that incorporated the church under the name Reformed Protestant Dutch Church of Hillsborough. The membership grew rapidly. In 1828 the current church was built measuring 70 ft. x 55 ft., oriented north-south with a handsome steeple which, suffered damage during Hurricane Sandy.

Condition Assessment & Steeple Structural Assessment

  • Condition Assessment Report
  • Prioritized Recommendations
  • Steeple Measured Drawings
  • Resistance Drilling of Steeple Framing Members Assessment
  • Structural Assessment with a focus on Steeple
  • MEP Engineering Assessment
  • Mini Briefs