PLANNING AND RESEARCH
There are many types of planning documents for existing buildings and HBA recognizes the different needs of our clients and their buildings. HBA has completed National Register nominations for historic properties, which have then been listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places. HBA has prepared Preservation Plans and Historic Structure Reports in accordance with Federal and State regulatory guidelines, as well as façade assessments, interior room studies, code compliance and barrier free studies and maintenance plans. The aim is to help owners of existing and historic buildings understand the causes of deterioration and the potential continued or adaptive use of their buildings. Our team of professionals, who understand the intricacies of old buildings, can recommend repairs, design solutions, develop accurate cost estimates and phasing options.
Key to our documents is:
- Sufficiently detailing information to allow proper fiscal planning by our clients
- Working collaboratively with our consultants, many of whom have worked with us for over 20 years
- Using technology and material science in a smart and efficient way
- Researching effectively and always asking questions
- Planning for future appropriate use that will complement the history of the building