Historic Research and Planning Documents
There are many types of planning documents for existing buildings and HBA recognizes the different needs of our clients and their buildings. HBA has completed several National Register nominations for historic properties, which have then been listed on the State and National Registers of Historic Places. HBA has prepared Preservation Plans and Historic Structure Reports in accordance with NJ-SHPO guidelines, as well as façade assessments, interior room studies, code compliance and barrier free studies and maintenance plans. The aim is to help owners of existing and historic buildings understand the causes of deterioration and the potential reuse of the buildings, with careful assessment by a team of professionals, who understand the intricacies of old buildings, and can recommend repairs, develop accurate cost estimates and phasing options.
Key to our documents are:
- Provide sufficient detailed information to allow proper fiscal planning by our clients
- Work collaboratively with our consultants, many have worked with us for over 20 years
- Use technology in a smart and efficient way
- Effectively research and always ask questions
- Plan for future appropriate use that will complement the history of the building