First Presbyterian Church
Date of Construction: 1833
Historic Designation: Individually Listed on the National Register of Historic Places
Funding: NJHT Capital Grant Level 1
Five Morris County Grants
Size: 7,000 S.F.
The First Presbyterian Church of New Vernon was constructed in a modified federal style in 1833 by Master Builder Elijah Hopping. The exterior of the Church has experienced relatively few alterations since 1833, the most notable of which has been the organ chamber addition built in 1981 at the west end (rear) of the Church.
Preservation Plan & Restoration Work
- Preservation Plan
- Emergency Window Restoration
- Foundation Stabilization & Underpinning
- Roof & Tower Restoration Project
- Exterior Painting Restoration