Cadet Chapel, West Point
Date of Construction: 1910
Historic Architect: Cram, Goodhue, & Ferguson
Historic Designation: Individually Listed on the National Register of Historic Places as an NHL
Size: 22,000 S.F.
Client: United States Military Academy
The Cadet Chapel at West Point was designed in the Gothic revival style, and constructed in local granite. The Chapel has served the cadets at the military academy since its dedication in 1910. The architecture combines the techniques and shapes of Gothic with the massiveness of medieval fortresses. This architectural theme subsequently dominated the other construction at West Point. The Cadet Chapel organ (M.P. Moeller,) begun in 1911 and enlarged by memorial gifts is now the largest church organ in the world.
Masonry Restoration Project
- Material Testing
- Cleaning Tests and Mortar Replication
- Interior and Exterior Masonry Cleaning
- Interior Protection Plan Including Organ
- Cataloguing Interior Fixtures and Furnishings
- Preservation Services to Contractor